View Single Post
Old 02-24-2020, 08:18 PM
Curt

I have always collected what interests me, nothing thinking outright about value in the present or future, although it is always a lingering thought in the background. Sometimes that aligns with what is popular, other times I feel alone (which might help me find more items for cheap).

I got sucked into the game used card excitement briefly. I didn't go overboard or try to buy anything expensive, just picked up a variety of mostly low end cards. I did put together the Dodger Blues set, because I liked it and it featured the Dodgers.

In the end, I try to buy them like they are inserts or parallels. The jersey could have actually been worn by them, and that is cool. If it turns out we were all fleeced on that aspect, I still try to enjoy the card for what it is.

I do have a couple button cards myself. They are neat and I hope they are buttons off a real game worn jerseys, but I won't freak out if they are ever proved to be not.