View Single Post
Old 03-20-2020, 06:01 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Originally Posted by todeen View Post
You're missing the point of the panic. The panic isn't the 200 deaths. The panic is that our hospitals can't operate that many patients on respirators. So if my little town in washington gets hit, we only have a handful of respirators available. So then they have to fly out people to another hospital, using up resources elsewhere. This is the problem in Italy. They don't have enough respirators for everyone and so doctors are choosing who has the best chance to survive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Ok, not arguing. I love to be educated. And I hear you. The overwhelming of the hospitals and their staffs. But the FEAR is in part causing them to be overwhelmed, everyone now thinks they have it, if they cough, gotta get a test.

And yes the ventilators, etc. Get that too, but maybe get some of these city folk out to the suburb hospitals.

And Italy, you can't really compare the US to Italy, Their country is the size of one of our states and all their people are near each other. And guessing they don't have a 10th the hospitals we have. The US is so spread out. I'd guess 90-95% of the US is not overwhelmed. I could be wrong. I am a lot. But I'm just outside of Chicago, and nothing. 1 person a few towns over has it. Another person a few towns the other way. Minnesota, the entire state ZERO deaths.

Too much panic. At least too much to ruin an economy.

Nice job China. Boy did they get even with Trump.

Last edited by Shoeless Moe; 03-21-2020 at 10:11 AM.