View Single Post
Old 04-08-2020, 02:16 PM
Phil Apostle
Ph,il Ap0stle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santo10Fan View Post
I arranged an off-ebay cash trade with this guy as we both live/work in downtown Chicago. He was open to it after I established my bonafides by telling him which well-known local high school I live right by. Emailed that info Feb. 20, 2018, received reply on April 3. ANYways, my offer was pretty GD reasonable and was not a lowball and would have been a fisftul of hundos in the lobby of a public tower in the center of the Loop for a really nice 55 Koufax PSA 7.

Nope, didn't budge from the 70% markup from any and all price guides and past sales. Ebay site full price or eff off. Never received a name, never went past the email stating; "I appreciate the offer but the card sells in the...NOPE...range."

I also upped my meds yesterday, ironically.
I feel your pain. I make my living in baseball. Parents, money, sign-ability, egos, citizenship, empty road trips, lies, incomplete paperwork, etc...add to that being from the worst state in the union (Illinois)--as you are, too, that I would have a belly full of idiot exposure and would have developed some alcohol-like tolerance. Nope.

The inconsiderate, obnoxious behavior that takes me days to find in the "real world" takes mere minutes to find in the world of collectibles.
Truth is, the quickest place to find a true loser is in this hobby.