View Single Post
Old 05-07-2020, 04:46 PM

Agreed on others regarding the seller. Aside from selling a questionable item (IMO I'm not convinced that this is even live ink, and there's a very high likelihood that it's nothing more than a laser printed signature,) he/she seems like a jerk and a total moron. In fact, I saw this listing myself before reading this post and I scratched my head. A few things on this one.

1. The seller is clearly aware that there are other authentication companies out there, and that this is a garbage cert based on his listing description. I know a cert is just a cert, "buy the autograph, not the cert etc...", but this is a 4k-5k plus piece. If you were going to sell a huge ticket item like a Gehrig, why would you submit it to "In Person Authentics?" Which by the way, I, and I'm sure everyone else, has seen nothing but trash from.............Unless of course, you know they'll pass anything and you'll be able to pawn it off on someone that just sees a COA and doesn't know any better (like 98% of eBay buyers.)

2. Any reputable seller should and would offer a guaranteed return if the item was deemed not authentic by any reputable TPA.

3. I know we all have opinions on TPA, but whether we like it or not, JSA/Beckett/PSA are the standard people look for. This seller is a dirtbag, and clearly knows that there is a definite issue with this one. Otherwise it would be authenticated by a more reputable TPA or seller like Rich, Stinson etc...or they would offer a money back guarantee if failed regardless of the authenticator.

Again, I am not a big fan of TPA, but unfortunately, this is the accepted standard in this crazy industry.

Avoid, sorry!

Last edited by JRS123490; 05-07-2020 at 05:18 PM.