View Single Post
Old 05-12-2020, 10:24 PM

Default For Mark Macrae

Mark Macrae had a great post in this thread about the card shows at Acalanes High School in Northern California in the 1970s. I went to the first show there in 1973 and all the subsequent shows there for the next few years. In 1975 I had a photography class in High School and I checked out one of the nice cameras and took some photos at one of the Acalanes shows that year. I just got a new scanner that lets me capture images of my black and white film strips, so I just got finished printing them all out. Some of them I have never looked at until now.

It looks like I took a lot of shots of my collecting buddies, but I also went around the room and took random shots of other collectors and dealers. Hopefully I caught Mark in at least one of the photos. I'll identify who I know, but I'm sure Mark can identify lots more collectors. If anyone can add identifications, I would enjoy learning who I caught that day.

1. Jim Horne is in the middle of this picture, above the guy leaning over.

2. Not many females in the room, so I took a picture of this girl who looked very bored.

3. My buddy Mark Larson, who used to write for Baseball Hobby News. He still collects cards.

7. Back shots of Mark Larson and Rich Sawyer, my friends who were selling at this show. First show they ever sold at.

8. Looking at the camera is Dan Larson, Mark's younger brother. To his right with his back to the camera is Rich Sawyer.

9. I think that's Dick Dobbins standing in the left of this picture. Rich Sawyer and Mark Larson are sitting in the center of the picture. Dan Leader is bent over at their table looking at cards.