View Single Post
Old 05-13-2020, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fballguy View Post

Kyle...You ever stumble across this place during your research?

Edit...This shot is from the 1910's as I found one on Google dated April 7, 1916.
Awesome post card, and yes, I actually came across the same post card in a book dedicated to screen printing a while back.

It's an especially interesting piece because the photo is colorized. Not sure exactly how they did that back in the 1910s, but I think the photographer had to add the colors post-development of the original B/W exposure, by hand? If so ... makes you wonder how accurate the colors depicted are to the real thing.

And, although my wife generally isn't a big fan of buffets, I would totally drag my family there.

On a high res image of the same post card, you'll note a framed pennant above the center of the bar. It was apparently custom-made, for the proprietor, and reads "Jos. Kosyan / Pennant Buffet" next to a screen printed image of Mr. Kosyan himself. Beneath it, above the cash register, there's a very oversized, two-piece pennant with a four letter monogram (JKPB) next to the words "PENNANT BUFFET." Gotta love Mr. Kosyan's style, eh?

Last edited by Domer05; 05-13-2020 at 03:20 PM.