Thread: PSA 4 Grading
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2020, 04:32 PM
Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
Does anyone even for a moment think that the seller's use of that particular photo was an 'unintentional' mistake?? A photo that utterly disguises all of the wrinkling???? I would not be happy.
I have three cards graded a "3" and they do demonstrate having a wrinkle, but no creasing. I have some ungraded cards as well that have either a wrinkle or a crease that's only noticeable under a light, but the sellers indicated as such. I'm replacing my other Berra which a solid, ungraded very good card. It has a wrinkle that goes from the left edge to just inside the arm and it lost a bit of its luster, but without any damage. The card I just received displays better, but it also cost more money, I expected better based on other PSA 4 cards I have received from auctions.

Yes, PSA graded the card and I disagree with their assessment on this one. For me, a description of a card is not solely based on the grade of the slab or its photo, having an accompanying description serves as a guide to better evaluate whether or not to purchase it. Had I seen "wrinkles" in the description, I would have passed and waited for another one to appear.