View Single Post
Old 05-30-2020, 02:21 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflayank View Post
Bancroft
It's a drawing not a picture and looks more like stan musial
I thought it looked exactly like him . Fair enough though. I get the drawing versus picture distinction. For the stickers, I have the peel offs and the All Star action stickers, both in individual sheet and complete panel forms. As a baseball card collector, I just don’t think these non-baseball card items are really a necessity though. For that reason, I wouldn’t call a set, even a master set, incomplete for not having the yellow basepath pin (I have it), the bottle caps, the coins, or the stamps. I like them and get what I can - I don’t have all the factory variations with the Coke caps or all the Yoo Hoo variations yet (some day I will get those)—but do get what I can. Still, not technically cards (neither are the matchbooks or auravision records so I should probably revisit my prior statement on them). To each his own.

Here, I just thought it would be fun to discuss whether, as a variation collector, you’d consider your collection complete if you suspected, but couldn’t confirm Cm, there was another variation out there. I guess I know your position as I think you were after the red Armour coins for a while without knowing whether a Mantle existed.