View Single Post
Old 05-31-2020, 10:54 AM
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestdj777 View Post
As a baseball card collector, I just don’t think these non-baseball card items are really a necessity though. For that reason, I wouldn’t call a set, even a master set, incomplete for not having the yellow basepath pin (I have it), the bottle caps, the coins, or the stamps. I like them and get what I can - I don’t have all the factory variations with the Coke caps or all the Yoo Hoo variations yet (some day I will get those)—but do get what I can. Still, not technically cards (neither are the matchbooks or auravision records so I should probably revisit my prior statement on them). To each his own.

Here, I just thought it would be fun to discuss whether, as a variation collector, you’d consider your collection complete if you suspected, but couldn’t confirm Cm, there was another variation out there. I guess I know your position as I think you were after the red Armour coins for a while without knowing whether a Mantle existed.
If I collected only Mantle baseball cards, I wouldn't bother with any non-baseball card item either. But like you, I am a Mantle collector. Therefore, I try to get all the items you have listed plus photo premiums, games, point of display advertisements, pins, bobble heads, etc. And no, my collection will never be complete. I'll never get all of the Armour coins for instance. And I can live with that.