Thread: New SGC updates
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2020, 11:26 AM
Ron Kornacki - Uncle Nacki

Time to start the Multi Million Basher Club. Ryan easily makes it in. I'd say I'm in by a thread. But seriously, these companies care or at least used to care who got to grade some of the best cards and collections out there. When I reached out to PSA, I was like, this is going to help you financially, because the T206's are the most popular and if you factor in Subject and Factory numbers into the master set, many will be forced to reholder their cards in order to enter them into that elite registry set. They told me it was in the works. Here we are 5 years later. I haven't bothered to grade any of my cards until they do this. That was one reason I was looking forward to SGC's upgrade. But then was told Factory numbers would not be identified. So right there, I was out. You can at least determine the Subject by the date on the label. So I continue to wait. A coupe years ago a similar topic was brought up and someone responded to one of my posts that PSA was probably not concerned with grading my cards because they were of no importance to them. That was never my point. I just wanted someone to finally do something correctly and the company would benefit from everyone and everyone would benefit from the change. At this point, the only way to fix some of these sets is to start over. Recognize the front and the back, and all details and variations. Do a label or holder redesign to show it's from the new population count. Allow the older labels to dry up and disappear over the next few years. View the old label population report only for reference but follow population numbers with the new labels from now on. And while they are at that, scan the front and back of each of the cards so regrades and breakouts can be identified and reported to PSA for an adjustment. Wow, wouldn't all of that be nice?

T206 Master Monster Front/Back Set Collector - www.youtube.com/unclenacki
T206 Basic "The Monster" Set 514/524
T206 Advanced "Master Monster" Front/Back Set ????/5258
COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Old Mill Southern Leagues - Black Ink 48/48
Sweet Caporal 350-460 Factory 30 Full Color "No Prints" 28/28
NEAR COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Polar Bear 245/250
Sovereign 460 50/52
Sweet Caporal 150 Factory 649 Overprint 31/34
Piedmont 350 "Elite 11" 9/11