Thread: New SGC updates
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2020, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalupacollects View Post
As for the pop database I tried typing in the name of the set per the flip and it came right up...
I am sure the pop report is sufficient for modern sets, where there are card numbers, etc. Indeed, their video tutorial uses the 2000 Topps baseball set as the example. But it’s downright unusable for some of the old stuff. Try telling me how many T206 Mathewson portraits SGC has graded; you will need to search as many times as there are backs and add up each pop of each back just to get the total. This is literally a 20-step process. And that’s just T206.

Something must be done to the pop report to make it more searchable for the pre-numbered, T, E, D etc sets of the early 1900s (and probably pre-1900s). With these cards, it’s often not even about how many have a particular grade, but rather how many have even been graded. I am not the only one who feels this way - see many posts on this thread and I have received many emails and PMs agreeing with me (not sure why these folks don’t just post their agreement on this thread and take stance).

SGC- please please please consider doing something different for the T, E, and D cards. Allow searching by name and by year. Please list the players alphabetically by last name, not first. And please group all examples of same player together, rather than several times throughout list (see e107 Lajoie).

I have said my peace here.

Last edited by Rhotchkiss; 06-13-2020 at 08:45 AM.