View Single Post
Old 06-15-2020, 12:25 PM

Default Beckett.com and variation cards

I'm sorry if this comes off as a whine, but I need to vent and know if anyone else has experienced this same issue.

For the last 2 months or so I've been actively trying to collect all the variations in Topps/Fleer/Donruss/Score/Upper Deck sets from 1981-1991.

I know to stay away from Beckett listings that aren't clear in describing which version of the card they're selling.

Most are quite clear, however. But, if I've purchased 100 cards over the last 2 months, I've received at least 30 which were the other version of the card I was looking for, even though I'm holding the receipt clearly showing the version I purchased.

I'm not a seller, so I can't speak for the issues in keeping stock up to date, sorting, etc. But this is getting ridiculous. Most times the sellers are smaller dealers, but a few have been from large, well-known dealers. It's all over the board.

I would expect to experience this phenomenon once in a while, but at a 30% rate? I'm sort of stunned. I've gone to looking on eBay, but that's only reliable if the seller has scanned both front and back depending upon which side the variation exists, or else you're contacting them.

Has anyone else experienced this frustration? I just got another 3 cards today - the receipt clearly shows which versions I purchased, but sure enough all 3 cards received are the opposite versions of the ones on the receipt. AUGGHH!!!