View Single Post
Old 06-23-2020, 09:27 PM
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASpaceman View Post
Thanks for the compliments, Gents.

Give me a month or 2 on the other 2x - I've been staring at an office floor of pinbacks for the better part of quarantine

The hobby is about people.

I was lucky to have a couple of really kind & helpful collectors show me the ropes when I first started collecting pins 15-or-so years ago. I remember seeing Mike Hoevet's glass coffee table of pins/celluloids and thinking "THAT is what I want in my office". I was lucky enough to be able to tell him that prior to his passing (RIP). Collections inspire; thus - why I shared a meager photo of mine.

I've frequented this board (inc pre-net54) for close to 20-years. Thanks All for sharing your stuff. A lot of my drive to keep searching was fueled by many of the pieces/conversations/etc. you all have enriched me with.

Thanks + cheers!

PS. Al, that Haddix of yours would look awfully nice hidden amongst there, no? If you ever sell, FYI - I should've kept it
Wow Aaron I forgot all about that! That was a long time ago! By the way I still have it in the collection! If I remember I think it cost me a pretty penny! But hay its only money!

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..