View Single Post
Old 07-04-2020, 02:22 AM
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
Well, there’s no documentation left by a contract that never existed. Do you really think it plausible that Kellogg’s got Aaron signed and then just chose to snub him and not issue a card? The answer is pretty clear here.
I respectfully disagree that the answer is clear in this case.

I do agree with your premise that it is not plausible to think Kellogg's would intentionally snub him and not include him in the set after getting him to sign a contract.

However, I have no knowledge Aaron was ever contacted regarding his inclusion in Kellogg's sets or tendered a contract to turn down in any of those 7 years from 1970-1976. Do you?

We can assume all we want about money being the motivating factor in regards to Aaron's exclusion from the sets (and it may be) but without any evidence or knowledge of Kellogg's intention to include him in the set it remains just that...an assumption.

At this point it remains no different than the assumption Kellogg's may never have intended to include him at all and never contacted him.

I just happen to think it is interesting and I am simply curious why Aaron was not included in such a high profile set as Kellogg's for so many years when I can think of several other national sets in which he was included during this same era; 1970 Milton Bradley, 1970 Transogram, 1971 Dell Stamps, 1971 Milk Duds, 1971 Mattel Instant Replay, 1975 and 1976 Hostess, 1976 Isaly Disc, etc.

I met Aaron many years ago at a card show...wish I had thought about it then...I would have asked him.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk