View Single Post
Old 07-06-2020, 12:52 AM
Scott M.@.r.k.s.

Yikes...….…….
Not sure if any of you are using Firefox as a browser, but after an update a few days ago I have NOT been able to access the board on my FF browser.

So I'm temporarily using IE, for this board.

I snagged this next one, early last week.

- 1973 Topps -

Other than a slight nick to the bottom right corner, this card is beautiful.
Great color, strong centering, and is a perfect fit for this display.
(I need to pick up a scanner, these cell phone shots don't do many of these items justice)

Ironically, I have never been a fan of '73 Topps, but this is one of the better shots in my opinion.

I'm starting to tinker with a few design layouts, and I may have mentioned I am going to make this one horizontal, not vertical like I did with the Mickey Mantle.
I did the Mantle in a dark green, and it turned out beautiful.
I don't think I will go the green route this time though, I may opt for a rich burgundy, or maybe even a dark brown. I think a dark brown would really make the colors jump, but I will tinker with a few colors.

I'm stopping by a buddies in the next 2-3 days, and I hope to get the signed scorecard scanned so it can be shown a bit better than the poor quality shots above.

Already got a couple more pickups heading my way this week.
This project is starting to take shape.

Successful deals with - "HCV123"/Howard Chasser, "ejstel" , "mzljapan" , "aronbenabe" , "Santo10Fan" , " Robextend", "rjackson44", "Wanaselja", "eliminator", "Dboneesq" , "Oneofthree67", "Lucas00", "ccre" , "D. Bergin" and several others.

Last edited by DJCollector1; 10-12-2020 at 11:41 PM.