View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 08:52 PM
Michael
Michae! Sh@cter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstudeba View Post
Before you disagreed with him did you do any research on the two auction houses you compared as Toby suggested? Do you know the histories of REA and Goldin auctions? Do you know the histories of Brian Dwyer and Ken Goldin? If you have good reasons for those ratings I would like to hear them. I know the reasons Toby is referring to and would be interested if there are other points of view to contradict that history.
I am only going on my history bidding and looking over their auctions as I do not know the histories. I have been watching their auctions even when I don't bid on anything, I like to watch items I would be interested in or really like to see what they sell for. I have limited experience in winning items from both. Goldin I have bought more items but I think REA gets better prices on items I would be interested in and Goldin I feel I am able to buy more items at prices I feel comfortable with.

I have bought quite a few lots off Goldin in the past few years once I started to get back into the hobby after a lapse of several years after the death of my wife. I am currently unable to bid with REA because of my screw up in a very late payment that I just totally dropped the ball on when I forgot to pay before I tried to go totally off the grid for about three months. I did pay and got my item but when I went to bid in the next auction when I was back, the system told me my bidding privileges were revoked. I do understand, not mad at them at all, disappointed as they do have many items I would be interested in but even when I watch them, most of them go above what I would be willing to pay. But even on their auctions, there are usually one or two items I could buy if I could bid. It's not that bad, I really spend too much money on auctions anyways.