View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 10:40 PM

Thanks for the responses everyone. I am looking to get some iconic cards. The ones that will be conversation pieces. Obviously, some of the big iconic cards are nowhere near my grasp at this time. I'm interested in the 4 major sports. Right now, I am looking for a high grade 1955 Jim Thorpe as one of my first pieces as his story fascinates me. Baseball is my true passion, so I will want a 54 Aaron, an early Jackie Robinson and many others. I am not in this to invest, but rather to build some history that I can share with friends and family. Graded is a must for me to ensure authenticity, and to keep it protected. I want people to be able to hold these cards. I am also a teacher, and would love to share this history with my students. I teach at an alternative high school where students struggle for every reason imaginable. Getting them into sports has literally saved many of their lives. I doubt any of them will get into card collecting, but some of them have developed a real passion for the game and its history. Thank you all for your wise words. If you have anything that you think might fit my criteria, please send me a message. Stay safe everyone!