View Single Post
Old 09-02-2020, 06:46 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Lewy body dementia + Covid. Same dementia Robin Williams had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailes2872 View Post
I was just telling my wife that it is crazy to think that the Reds won the 75 & 76 World Series and then added one of the top 5 pitchers in baseball (Carlton, Palmer, Hunter, Seaver, and maybe Ryan). I only remember the back end of his career and never really saw him at his best.

What is weird for me is that he is really one of the first ones that I remember watching passing of somewhat natural causes. I know that it said that he had Covid-19 in the obit, but I remember the announcement of him no longer doing public appearances due to the onset of dementia (If I recall correctly - apologies if I am misremembering).

I am 48 and I remember watching players like Seaver, Bench, Rose, Brett, Schmidt, and the ilk on This Week in Baseball and thinking that they were super human the way the ran in slow motion and pitched in slow motion at the end of the show when the credits rolled. They are forever young etched in my memory and it makes me understand my own mortality when I think of Tom being gone.