View Single Post
Old 09-03-2020, 12:19 AM
Dan=iel Enri.ght

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
OK then...
If that scan is correct - and it doesn't look right with both sides looking distorted - do you believe if returned to PSA they wouldn't correct the mistake?

I've owned maybe 7-800 cards over the last 30 years.
I've been selective in creating a collection that reflects my tastes.
I've probably looked at 4-5 million cards on line and in person in that time.
Within my own collection I'd nitpick some of the cards within a half to full grade, but would accept that I was nitpicking and perhaps not fully availed of the information they used as criteria for assigning the grade.
Over the other 5 million, there's probably a few hundred I was shocked with the grade given.
The other 4, 999, 800 fell in to the catagory of - ok, well, I guess that's around the mark.

To me, that's a pass mark.
You could pull up every missed grade card, and then I'd ask you to at the same time include every card seemingly fairly graded that you could find.

The rows of accurately graded cards would stream seemingly endlessly until you hit upon that incorrect one.

Look, it's fine if this is the cross you wish to burn grading on.
I think you're making the evidence fit your hypothesis, as opposed to displaying ALL the evidence and then fairly determining what the failure rate is.

Again, at least five million cards I've looked at over the last 30 years and my impression has much more strongly aligned with the vast majority conforming to my expectations with a tiny minority obviously cock ups.

But, everyone is able to make their own determinations.
I'm just suggesting that you will not undo this made pie, you can either eat it and spit out the annoying pits occasionally left in it, or just don't partake.

Take that PSA9 if you have it in hand (and it really looks like the scan suggests) and put it in a mailer and send it to PSA. I have a feeling they'll make it right so to speak.

If it's corruption you wish to chase down, good luck.
This country is built on it.

Last edited by 68Hawk; 09-03-2020 at 01:28 AM.