View Single Post
Old 09-07-2020, 12:29 PM
Vinn.ie M@rtini

Personally I dont like how PSA grades cards. I dont see how a 60/40 centering gets a 10 Gem Mint! I sent them a Jordan rookie, pulled right from the pack, perfectly centered, sharp corners, etc. I get a 8. Im tempted to break out of case and send to SGC, just because. But Ive seen quite a few 60/40 centered Jordan rookies graded Gem Mint! Makes no sense to me. In my opinion, if you're a high volume card submitter, and your borderline of the better grade, you're getting the better grade.
As for the card altering, this stuff has been going on for many years. Im sure some graders know the cards are altered and trimmed and grade them anyways, put them in smaller cases. All one has to do is pull out a tape measure.
Makes the hobby not fun like it used to be. I personally wont buy any older high grade cards anymore, for the simple fact, it could be altered. Who wants to spend thousands, if not tens of thousands on a card, just to find out later on, it was altered. Id be pissed just like anyone else.