View Single Post
Old 09-30-2020, 04:15 PM
Howard Chasser

Default Thank you for the thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
Re: 1) Very common. They even get a bunch of modern cards wrong.
If you click the "Lot Number" link from that page, then "Report this item", they will sometimes fix them and move them to the right set even if they don't have the cards in hand. I've done that plenty of times.
Sometimes the issue is that they scanned the bar code and got the wrong cert number, but in this case, it looks like they missed them during the Research & ID stage. Could be fixed by owner via mechanical submission, which PSA covers for free including shipping to/from.
I didn't put it in my original post, but similar to the below links, 1 of the 3 "team"issues" is also identified as a "photo pack" from the same year.

Quote:
2) Looks like it; you could probably have them merged with the right request.
I've reported both of the above - we'll see what happens.

Quote:
3) Most likely because until last year, PSA didn't have holders large enough to fit the full boxes. So for the first 30 years, a complete box was one that had the ends trimmed off. If you want to request an adjustment to their values in the set registry, you can do that from your set registry page or by email, IIRC.
That's actually factually incorrect. They have graded truly complete (with all flaps) boxes for many years. Many are unaware the boxes were issued in 2 sizes (which PSA does not differentiate) - they had holders that fit the smaller (20 piece) boxes for a long time - at least 12 years. The larger (25 piece) boxes they would actually fold the flaps to fit into their largest holder at the time - the new jumbo holders can hold the larger (25 piece) boxes without folding the flaps. I did request an adjustment - absolutely ludicrous to me that a card that is "o/c" or "mk" or "st" gets knocked down 2 points, but a "complete box" that isn't complete doesn't get penalized - exponentially so with how brutally they grade the complete boxes - with no flaps there is in theory "less" to grade leaving it easier to attain a higher grade.

Last edited by hcv123; 09-30-2020 at 04:16 PM.