View Single Post
Old 01-07-2021, 02:43 AM
Bob McLean

I'm 72, my wife is 65, we have both had Covid contracted in late October. We kicked it fairly easily, although I had a bit of fatigue and had a very hard time moving my inventory to shows as I was out of sorts and had trouble with moving the heavier items. It got easier on the second show and is getting progressively better. I have no idea when I will get the vaccine, but I have no doubt that I will take it in my turn. I have two brothers who work in hospitals and a son in law who does as well. They will all be having their second shot next week. I have read of a lot of elder care facilities having gotten their shots, and hopefully they will get around to the older citizens living at home at some point.

I am in Missouri, and many of our citizens in the small towns near me have had the virus. I am aware of only one death in our small town, and a few in the next town over which has a population of 18000. I'm not sure if the virus got them or just pushed them over the edge because of other health issues, but some of them likely would have died anyway. As many have pointed out nobody dies of pneumonia or the flu anymore.