View Single Post
Old 02-15-2021, 06:05 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey2296 View Post
I'm a huge supporter of those things you listed and happy to pay my taxes for those purposes, I'm also happy you live in a state that respects the taxpayer. I live in a State that doesn't. We don't get the luxury of such a pollyannic view.

'I'm all for boots on the ground folks in public service. I think the highest paid position should be school teacher, the lowest? school administrator. Ask your teacher friends what they think of my idea. Our State pension fund has over 130 billion dollars of unfunded liabilities, that's like two Zion rookies and a basketball movie clip... That train ran off the rails long ago.

Our City manager makes more than a US Congressman to manage a City of 75,000 people. Does that seem a good use of taxpayer money?

The City of Los Angeles- Nearly three years after city voters approved a $1.2 billion construction program over 10 years to house the homeless, the city has yet to see the first building completed. Average per-apartment costs have zoomed more than $100,000 past prior predictions to an average cost of $531,373 per unit. A cost greater than the median condo price that working folks have to pay.

My Client worth over 3 million dollars gets a check for $180,000 from the Safe Act, he doesn't need it but he took it cuz he could. Shame on him, people in need could have used that tax payer money. This shotgun approach of the Federal government giving out money to people who don't need it while people that do go hungry is a horrible use of taxpayer money.

Tax cut- My rich clients don't want it. They tell me they have plenty of money. "Give the middle class a tax cut, they're the ones who need it".

I could go on forever with examples of the disrespect politicians and government officials have for hard working folks. The waste and misuse of funds to line their own pockets and those of their cronies is disgusting, the Mafia has nothing on these folks.

And no I shouldn't run for office, we taxpayers hire you (not you) to do a job for us and you're failing miserably, be better.

Now lets hug it out and get back to card collecting...
My best friend continues to get a lot of money (first check was 50k) for his small company (5-6 employees) not to lay people off. He never had any intention to do so as he isn't affected. But he said everyone else was getting it so why not? That is the issue (how monies are spent) but such is life.....

As for taxes on cards, When I sold my collection the first time (a big amount for me) I reported every card and cost basis. I just handed the Heritage Auctions detailed commission to my cpa, gave him my card cost basis....and paid tax on several hundred K. I was fortunate...