View Single Post
Old 04-26-2021, 07:55 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankphenom View Post
I found a nice Hartland Redskins running back sticking out of a trash can in Takoma Park, just outside of D.C., sometime around 1980. Not much value then, but of course I took it home. About 20 years ago, I was driving in downtown D.C., going to see Frank Howard make a talk somewhere, when I looked over and saw a woman walking briskly down the sidewalk as money was flying out of her purse and fluttering behind her. I pulled over and parked in a bus zone to alert her, but by the time I got to the sidewalk she was turning the corner onto Pennsylvania Avenue a good distance away, so I started picking up the bills. There were other people around, but nobody else tried to pick up any of the money and I got all of it, around $85 as I recall. I got to the event pretty excited about my good fortune and looking forward, as always, to hear what Big Frank had to say.
Henry, what a coincidence to see you post - I was talking up your 'Glory of Their Times' c.d. to a friend, and believe it or not - he had a copy already!

I've heard those c.d.'s more than 'Stairway to Heaven' or 'Freebird'.