View Single Post
Old 05-30-2021, 02:42 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

The only thing that still surprises me is that this Carter is worth $83.11 with just a hint of slight wear on the top corners. It is worth $16,600 to make the corners just slightly sharper. Something like a 1% improvement in the cards appearance produces a valuation 200x higher, and takes it from the cost of dinner to the cost of a car.

I still can't see any reasonable basis on which this can make any kind of sense, before we even get to the fact that so many of these cards are provably altered scams. As long as people will pay a fortune for labels, people will hack and alter cards to receive the much more valuable label. As long label buyers collectively don't care (should they even care? If they want a label saying their card is the most special, and that's what they get, they seem happy), nothing meaningful will happen, even if the government occasionally takes down a specific scammer.

For $20 each, I will print a label saying any card is just the most spectacular, amazing card I have ever seen. You don't even need to own the card to purchase my label for it. Your card, real or imagined, is a 12 on the 10 point scale. DM me for my PayPal.

Last edited by G1911; 05-30-2021 at 02:43 PM.