View Single Post
Old 06-25-2021, 06:15 AM
John Donovan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianp-beme View Post
Fun seeing all the players...perhaps someone with advanced computer skills can create some cool fantasy 1934 cards of them that feature just an individual player.

I was pretty sure I had posted about this very subject many years ago on net54, but after about 30 minutes effort I could not find it. Thanks for sharing. I still have my handwritten list that indicates these hallowed players that I created in 2012. Shame on me if I actually did not post it (slaps hand with graded card for emphasis).

Here is the other card that has more than one 'Goudey rookie' player (Padden and Blanton).

Brian (card not mine)
Oh, I like the term “Goudey Rookie”. Finding the Goudey Rookie of all players would be another fun (and more time consuming) project. I wonder, would premiums count?

Before I dedicated myself to this important research I did a Net54 search to see if someone had already made a thread about it, and I couldn’t find anything either. So if you made a post, it must be buried DEEP in the Net54 archives.

And good point about Padden and Blanton sharing a card. Once this thread goes viral and this info is widely known, that’s another card that will explode in value. Inve$t!