View Single Post
Old 06-29-2021, 12:12 PM
Br.ent So.bie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aro13 View Post
The market for baseball cards might be limited to North America and Japan but for sports like basketball where there is a huge global market and hockey, which has a huge European market it is different. Soccer would attract all collecting markets. Not just North America.

Personally, I don't think the Hamm card is ultimately that rare (I believe S.I. circulation is around 950,000) and as mentioned PSA grading of S.I. for kids is even more inconsistent than their general grading. So that particular price seems way out of line. But women's sports and interest in women's sports is taking off.

The supply for RC's of future HOFers and all-time greats like Diana Taurasi, Sue Bird, Breanna Stewart, Megan Rapinoe, Serena Williams, Flo-Jo, Simone Biles etc. is very limited compared to what the demand ultimately could end up being.
That's my point... traditionally, there are no "markets" for sports cards outside North America, so where did the demand suddenly come from and how did it sprout instantly out of thin air??

With all due respect, it's impossible... common sense says it's investors and speculators.... and almost zero "collectors".