View Single Post
Old 07-03-2021, 08:21 AM
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by marzoumanian View Post
We’re very mindful of the integrity of PSA and would never do anything to harm it."--Nat Turner

My laugh of the day. Fasten your seat belts, folks. This hobby is going warp speed. Hang on.
This also gave me quite a chuckle.

We all know PSA has graded altered cards and when shown the proof, they just shrug it off and go on their merry way with no consequences other than increasing their bottom line.

We all also know that many AHs have auctions at about the same time and they often will send cards in to PSA to be graded before the auction. What's to keep PSA from slow walking submissions from other AHs who have an upcoming auction at about the same time as Goldin so as to miss the next auction while getting Goldin submissions through on time to make it to their auction? Purely speculation on my part, but based on the previous paragraph, what's to stop them? The other AHs do get the graded cards and can have them in the following auction. No problem right? If you have an ungraded card that would get more money graded and you want the AH to send it in for you, who would you choose as the AH?

In regards to Ken himself, I don't know him. I've gotten items in his auctions and have no complaints about any of the transactions. I don't begrudge him for making the big bucks. Kudos to him. But, it seems some people here love sayings, so here are a few:

“If you choose bad companions, no one will believe that you are anything but bad yourself.” ― Aesop, Aesop's Fables

"For they that sleep with dogs, shall rise with fleas." -- John Webster

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently." -- Warren Buffett

“Don't make a deal with the devil, if you do you will lose something important that you once had.” ― Karen Dang

(Yes these are cut and pasted and I do not vouch for who actually said what.)

Bottom line, considering the "integrity" of PSA, I think this is bad for the hobby.