View Single Post
Old 08-10-2021, 03:20 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Default Do You Participate in the PSA Registry?

I am always hearing talk about the PSA registry and how important it is to some people, so I thought it would be a good time to gauge how much the collectors on this site are involved with it.

First off, everyone is aware of the problems and difficulties (and price increases) happening at PSA, so this isn't a poll asking what you're going to do in the future, but a poll asking how much you've been involved up until now.

Some of what you should consider while deciding what slot you fit into:

• When you're thinking of buying a card, how much of your thought process centers around getting something you need for the registry, improving your ranking in it, or grabbing trade bait to eventually help you climb higher?

• Are you generally looking to 'only' buy cards to add to the registry, or is it a mixed bag of reasons?

• Are you willing to vastly 'overpay' to either fill a hole in your registry set or get a higher grade to improve your ranking in it?

• Do you more or less use the registry only as a checklist, or are you there to compete and elevate your ranking?

Here are the choices:

1. I am not involved in any way, shape or form.

2. I am involved in a very minor way.

3. I am actively involved in it.

4. I am completely wrapped up in it.

DON'T OVERTHINK IT. ANSWER HONESTLY!!

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.

Last edited by JollyElm; 08-10-2021 at 03:42 PM.