View Single Post
Old 08-25-2021, 03:01 PM
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMayUSA6060 View Post
Resurrecting this thread as I continue to build the plan for my Hall of Fame collection, and it also might help fellow Hall of Fame collectors formulate their collection goals.

I'm looking to make a list of the damn-near impossible Hall of Famers due to rarity and/or cost ($5k+). Guys like Burkett & Dreyfuss, although rare, are semi-obtainable (I think...). Here is the list I have so far...

Frank Selee
Al Spalding
Harry Wright
George Wright
Pete Hill
Pop Lloyd
Oscar Charleston
Biz Mackey
Josh Gibson
Cristobal Torriente
Jose Mendez
Andy Cooper

Does anyone else have anyone they'd like to add to the list? What are some non-mainstream options for some of these guys or any other difficult Hall of Famers? Looking forward to the board's input.
Harry Wright appears on several N172 poses and while they can be expensive, so are many other HOFers in that set. But it is a major set and it's not like you need to find an 1860s or 1870s cdv or cabinet like you would for Spalding or George Wright. Harry was not an active player at the time but he was an active manager, which I think should count as being active.
My avatar is a drawing of a 1958 Topps Hank Aaron by my daughter. If you are interested in one in a similar style based on the card of your choice, details can be found by searching threads with the title phrase Custom Baseball Card Artwork or by PMing me.

Last edited by molenick; 08-25-2021 at 03:02 PM.