View Single Post
Old 11-15-2021, 04:23 AM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
I was coming on to point out that people act like Koufax took forever to develop when he was actually incredibly young when he started and stuck on a major league roster because of his bonus baby status, same as his 1954 classmate Harmon Killebrew. Both likely would've benefited by a couple of years in the minors instead of languishing on a major league bench, but both were still a "normal" age when they put it all together.
Hey now, no giving out hints. G1911 has to solve this riddle on his own. He's a data analyst!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post
Really? You're going to die on that hill? You're taking Ryu over a 13 time 20 game winner, whose JAWS rank him as the 13th greatest pitcher of all time? The Same guy who led the league in complete games seven seasons in a row? Is this a joke?
Yes, I'm taking Ryu over Spahn. No, I'm not joking. The number of games someone won is absolutely meaningless to me. You might as well be talking about his hair color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark17 View Post
Koufax was 4-3 with an ERA of 0.95. There was another left hander, named Ruth, who was 3-0 with an ERA of 0.87. And a guy named Gibson who was 7-2 with an ERA of 1.89.
OK, so you're saying Koufax was the best of the 3 then. Got it. As Ruth does not qualify with his 31 IP (and a mere 8 Ks) during the dead-ball era, and Bob Gibson gave up about twice as many runs and was slightly easier to hit off of.

Not sure what their W-L record has anything to do with anything though. Perhaps you could fill me in on that?