View Single Post
Old 12-05-2021, 10:08 AM
Nate

Default Some SGC thoughts and questions (T206)

I'm a fairly newer collector but with the help of this site and eBay i've recently put together a Tigers T206 set (minus the cobbs) over the last year or so. The goal for my display was to have every card graded by SGC, simply because I like the look of their new holders. However, as cards came available either raw, old SGC or PSA graded I would scoop them up to fill holes. I had two submissions to SGC. I was thinking the one I just got back would be the last one but maybe I was wrong.

Submission 1 - Lesson learned. Three of the crossovers I submitted were PSA cards that I asked to have the MIN grade be the same as the PSA grade. If it goes up great, but I didnt want to take a hit if they went down. I received all three cards back with "MIN grade not met" and was charged $90 for all three. That sucked.

Submission 2 - This was basically my last 12 cards to get re-holdered or crossed over for my display. The first thing I did was made sure that every cross over card was marked "ANY numerical grade". As long as they came back in a new SGC holder I was ready to accept my fate.

The first thing that was interesting was that I had a T206 Sam Crawford PSA 2. It was one of the cards that I got charged $30 for on submission one and came back as couldnt meet MIN grade. On this go round with ANY grade checked it came back as a SGC 2. Of course!

The next thing I noticed was 4 nice T206 PSA graded cards ALL came back at either 1 or 1/2 point lower than the PSA grade.

The last thing that frankly ticked me off a little was a T206 in a PSA 5 holder. I submitted it as ANY grade acceptable. It came back as couldnt meet min grade. WTF?

I just hoped this second submission would complete my display. Any thoughts on what the heck happened with this PSA 5 card?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7552.jpg (76.7 KB, 145 views)

Last edited by hatchetman325; 12-05-2021 at 01:43 PM.