View Single Post
Old 12-24-2021, 04:57 PM
The Uber Anal Retentive Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
I hope you know I was just giving you a hard time. I can't tell you guys how much I value the knowledge and insight you've all shared. Usually, I can't even keep track....but I do have all of Kyle's blog printed out and housed in a three ring binder. For me, collecting memorabilia is all about discovering the history and origins of the objects. There was a recent thread about insuring a card collection....I was going to chime in that I don't even bother with insurance because if my collection ever burned up or whatever, I would just have a good cry and probably not start over. I'm convinced I have memorabilia items that I could never find again. Getting a cash payout might ease the pain but it would never replace my "stuff." Now, with cards, there is no mystery as to age or origin and with enough money you can always (always!) replace them. I refrained from sharing this opinion because I didn't want to piss off the card guys.

We really, really need to do a book. It would have to be on a par with Muchinsky's pinback book and he set a very high bar. When we do this book , we are all going to have to send all our pennants to the same person, so that the pennants can be photographed in exactly the same setting. There's my suggestion for a start...
Of course! And actually I do lose a little sleep.

And yes I’d be all in on a book … however I can help.