View Single Post
Old 03-25-2022, 10:14 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
The exterior dimensions of the holder are exactly the same as PSA's holder. It looks longer because the part of the PSA holder that is dead space is taken up with the larger label for doing Beckett-style subgrades. I am sure that the black borders were chosen to try and neutralize all that white.
You are of course right. I dug up the only CSG that has made it into my collection so far and I have been falling for an optical illusion because of that oversized flip.

It is indeed annoying to me personally as it is so large and garish, but to each their own. I fall in the minority by a mile as I far and away prefer Beckett slabs. The quality and weight is there and the flip is minimal. So if someone appreciates the appeal of CSG as I saw in other comments, I don't have a leg to stand on.

As per the status quo of my posts...it's always "just my opinion",

I will fall back on my original comment of that I do like the change and hope for more improvements in the future. For the time being if it's a beautiful card in the green holster, there's a decent chance it's coming out, lol.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.