View Single Post
Old 04-20-2022, 04:03 PM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
Originally Posted by butchie_t View Post
I was somewhat shocked last month when I went to a local show with the number of young collectors walking around with briefcases. Once opened rows of slabs met my eye.

This is not a hobby in their eyes, it is a stock exchange floor and they are trading on their futures.

How can that be enjoyable? The romance of collecting has been dented to an unrecognizable form.

B. T.
+1. It seems many are in this only to flip and make quick cash. For these folks, baseball cards might as well be undefined "widgets". The funniest ones are when people ask "which type of box available at Target brings the best ROI?"
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry