View Single Post
Old 04-25-2022, 06:06 AM
Carl

Quote:
Originally Posted by icurnmedic View Post
Not to be smart but seems like a good idea to get it right when you are supposed to get it right.
This happens too often at too many AH’s.
I for one am in the aggravated camp when it comes to these happenings. Not like it is some low level mom&pop AH.
I guess I’m not tech savvy enough to understand, but I am reasonably certain eBay rarely crashes and going out on a limb ,I would wager a heck of a lot more bidding there at any given moment.
Really wish wanting a card that I have been researching for weeks and now this didn’t get me down. But man I really want that card.

Rant over. Probably the right thing to do given the situation.
Thomas Church
REA needs to have their servers up in AWS (Amazon) and turn on a feature called auto-scaling - as the name implies; as the server load goes up, AWS provides the greater horsepower for each web and database server needs. It isn't rocket science in the technology world. They probably outsource their hosting/tech work but if I were a member of the REA leadership team, I'd have a pretty strong come-to-Jesus talk with my provider and ask why technology like this wasn't being used.

Anyway - thanks to those posting the note from REA, I still haven't received squat from them and am currently winning a couple of items - we'll see.

I do know when it comes time to sell my collection - I will remember this event w/ REA.