View Single Post
Old 05-10-2022, 02:08 PM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny630 View Post
Mistakes happen. I give them a lot of credit for promptly taking care of you by making it right. I don't mind mistakes when they're owned and honest. Case here with Goldin.
Agreed. I've had good experiences in the past with Goldin. And I expect that I will continue to bid on items in their auctions. Although I'm probably not alone on this board in hoping that prices will come down from their current nosebleed levels!

I will probably be a bit more wary about ungraded items, particularly if there's something about the pictures in the listing that gives me pause. Certainly in hindsight, with enough paranoia, there are some flags in the auction pictures to make you wonder whether the items were legit.

In this case, knowing Goldin as a quality shop with great expertise in this market, I had every confidence that they must be legit in spite of what appeared to be some oddities in their photos. In the future, I will probably ask some more questions during the bidding window if I see something odd in the pictures, which may lead them to take a closer look, and in this case might have led to the lot being withdrawn before the close of the auction.

I will admit that I was excited to get this set, and when I opened the box, at first, I thought that it was a joke. And then the closer I looked, the more confused I was by everything I was seeing. Ultimately, it didn't take long to realize that some tragic mistakes had been made along the way.

And I give great credit to Goldin for taking care of it promptly, and even expressing contrition in their approach.