View Single Post
Old 06-10-2022, 04:49 AM
Scott S

Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa4u View Post
I think so too. I bought a PSA 8.5 for around $6,500 USD years ago and eventually sold it for about double that. These were record prices back then, and so I was very happy with the sale. However, the buyer sold it that same summer for over $20,000 USD. I was pretty surprised, but I thought that interest was probably high due to the World Cup having took place that same summer. I thought things were going to settle down after that, but then the pandemic came along and this card went apesh*t! Heritage sold a PSA 8.5 for $372,000 in 2021, and I read that Goldin brokered a $900,000 USD sale of this card in PSA 9 that same year.

And by the way, there was one member on here who put his PSA 9 example up for sale on this site, but none of you guys wanted it. That just goes to show you how things were like back then. How all of this happened is not something that can easily be explained, but I suspect that Gary Vaynerchuk might have had something to do with jacking the price up of this card.
I'm the donkey in question here.

In 2014, I listed an Alifabolaget Pele PSA 9 rookie on this site for $5,000. Crickets. I eventually sold it elsewhere for $5,000, after a lot of effort.

As mentioned above, a PSA 9 sold last year for $900K, And then a PSA 9 sold earlier this year for $1.3M. And I sold it for $5K, after everyone else on here passed.

I will now go light myself on fire.