View Single Post
Old 06-26-2022, 03:35 PM

While I don't respond 100% of the time, it's always a pleasure to see such postings that include responses from long-time collectors. You guys really rock.

To remember opening packs in the 50s is just so amazing. I am getting on in years too (just 73) and remember opening packs in the early 60s, so I always appreciate your input.

Here's one of my questions that I have not answered yet: I have a pack of 1948 Leaf that is in a generic wrapper. My theory is that it is a football pack but I saw an auction a while back that called it a baseball pack, obviously to sell it for a higher price and it was graded I think. I have also heard from someone that when they opened such generic packs, some were baseball and some were football. Can anyone confirm or deny such information?

Stop by to say hi at the National, as I am easy to remember where I set up: 6 booths in the main entrance at Booth 1100.

Lastly, Thanks again for all of the great information over the years. Leon, you also deserve alot of the credit too!!

Steve_NY
DynamicTwo@aol.com