View Single Post
Old 07-10-2022, 08:32 AM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buythatcard View Post
Not happy about another USPS price increase. I have been using USPS for over 19 years. I have shipped over 100,000 packages and every one has arrived at their location.
I would never use any other service.
Recently had a new consignor send me a box via Fedex. There was at least $15,000 worth of cards in it. On the expected day of delivery, I stayed home all day waiting for the package. Finally, received notification that package has arrived. Not sure why they didn't ring my bell but I immediately went to my front porch. There was no package but I saw the Fedex truck driving away.
I jumped in my car to see if the package was left somewhere else. Luckily, I found it sitting on my neighbor's porch.
There have been many instances where both UPS & Fedex said that a package would be delivered between a certain time frame, but package would not show up till next day.
So, with all of the price increases, USPS is still my favorite.
I would concur most likely if I lived anywhere else in the country. When I lived in CT my post office was right on Bradley International Airport property. It not only ran like a top, things got where they needed to go quickly. Used them for 10 years and never had a single incident. And I get they're only part of the delivery story but they lived up to their end of the bargain time and time again. Based on my experience, postal service seems to have degraded everywhere over the last few years. But I'm not sure my local PO would be much better even during the best of times.