View Single Post
Old 07-12-2022, 08:56 AM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
LOL

Thanks Scott. I pretty much knew that from everyone I've ever heard complain about TPGs on here, but with my luck, some troll would jump on me and go on and on about some situation they knew of where a TPG actually did refund a submitter some money in a weird, unique situation. They have institutionalized the concept of having the submitter make the first move, so they have the upper hand in regard to getting the most money they can out of every submitter. They hit people for any potential upside, but have no downside for themselves. And they can usually rely on people submitting stuff to them to generally be overzealous in their estimation of how nice the cards they are submitting actually are.
Troll?

Nope, in my other hobby that's literally business as usual.
Send in an item as one with a very high catalog value, expertizer says it's the common one. Cert issued as the common item, charged the minimum charge (I think around $35. ) Or what's appropriate based on the actual catalog value instead of the higher charge.

But that's a mature hobby with regularly issued catalogs with mostly accurate pricing since the prices are fairly stable.