View Single Post
Old 08-02-2022, 08:26 PM
R@ndy Hart.soe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncinin View Post
I know of at least two dealers who historically picked one booth who now pick two booths now and I assume they have someone else setup with them. A couple of years ago the NSCC committee disallowed dealers from picking more than two booths unless they already had a history of such to prevent dealers to start picking four booths and dispersing booths in that manner.

I assume most people who setup at the National for the first time in AC were selected after added booths were added to the original AC floor plan and contacted after the lottery held in Chicago last year.

I believe a lot of dealers like Scott Russell will end up setting up in Chicago when the show gets closer. This year I know five or so booths were made available last minute as Steve Werley passed and a Canadian had trouble crossing the border and another was sick. Plus I am sure some dealers passed on AC as you can skip one National every five years without penalty. I can think of one dealer off hand in that situation.

Another possibility is people with a 5 or better priority who hasn’t setup in recent shows started picking again for someone else to use.

Bottom line I believe there are more booths in 2023 than 2021 in Chicago. I don’t have the interest to spend the time to analyze the dealers lists to figure it out. If someone has a 2021 floor plan it may note the number of dealer booths or some one could count them if they wish.

The Chicago show footprint is larger than ever using the entire first floor exhibit space with 632 dealer booths and much more corporate booths.
This is how it works. If you have historically gotten one booth and you have a high priority, you can pick two booths any year or every year. That is likely what is happening. I have a 13 priority and have gotten two tables for a number of years but should have gone for 4 back when you get get up to 4. As stated, they did away with that option a few years ago to prevent all of the tables being gobbled up by dealers who were supplying new dealers with tables. The lottery on Saturday was a zoo. There were hundreds of dealers lining up to hopefully get a booth. I think most were disappointed.