View Single Post
Old 08-05-2022, 11:23 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
I do brokered deals fairly often (5-6 per year). It’s all negotiable, and frankly fungible. At the end of the day, the seller wants/needs a certain amount and the buyer has a limit on what he will pay. The broker falls somewhere in between and it’s all just part of the deal. I have paid the broker separately and I have paid the buyer who then pays the broker.

Also, the size of the commission will vary (often significantly) based on the size of the deal. A broker may take 5% or a flat $5000 on a large, six figure deal, but requires 10%+ on a $10k deal. It’s generally just as difficult to sell a $50k card as it is a $500k card. The broker needs to make money.

Also, as an avid buyer and a regular participant in brokered deals, I like that brokers make good money, so long as the deal makes sense, because they are more likely to bring me other deals.
I would imagine this also would be a benefit to the seller to avoid the governmental spotlight that comes with moving a high figure card. (I do not mean this as a slight, I mean this as realizing it is a wise decision) The only negative I see is the excitement and extra eyes that Goldin lost not having it in a premier auction. However, money is money and the lights stay on for another month.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.