View Single Post
Old 08-10-2022, 08:44 AM
Frank Wakefield

Oscar Stanage, thanks for posting that. It does make sense that a TPG would like the collectors to see it in their holder instead of some other TPG slab. Good point.

For the collectors who are buying the graded plastic, and not the card, they'll be happy with the 5 grade. Seems most of the graded Wagner cards have a number that's lower.

For the collectors buying the card, not the slab, they'd be buying a very nice looking Wagner. But it's still not a 5.

Early on, when collecting the white border cards, I quickly could see that most of my better condition cards were either 350 or 460 cards, and that the ones that were more worn were from the 150 series. The 150s would have been in the grimy paws of young collector kids like I was as a kid. Those cards went through much more wear, spending more time in a kid's pocket, shuffled, handled, and such. I mention this because I don't think the 150s should be graded more leniently based on the relative condition of other 150s. And maybe that 5 is because that Wagner is better than most of the other Wagners, but it's still not a 3.