View Single Post
Old 08-22-2022, 11:16 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish-collector View Post
Not true. It is larger than Atlantic City and almost as large as Rosemont's. https://www.clevelandconventions.com/

Attachment 531130
Not to intentionally rain on your parade, but read the info in that convention center link you included. It is put out by the Cleveland Convention Center, so would assume it is accurate, and it states that the center provides 410,000 SF of prime meeting and event space, which includes only 225,000 SF of main Exhibit Hall space. Where did you get those other SF figures, in the chart you posted, from? My guess is those other figures may be gross, overall building dimension SFs, and not truly representative of the actual, contiguous main exhibit floor space available.

In contrast, the Cleveland IX Center has a gross building size of 2.2M SF, and an exhibit floor space of 985,000 SF, more than 4X the 225,000 SF main exhibit hall space in the Cleveland Convention Center, per your link. And based on how the SF numbers for the Cleveland Convention Center in your
chart don't seem to jive with the SF size per the Convention Center's own site, the actual main exhibit hall SF for Rosemont and Atlantic City per your chart may be suspect as well. When they first opened the IX Center in 1985, I believe it was then the largest exhibition center/building in the US, if not all of North America.

Per the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center website, it has a total of 840,000 SF of exhibition space, but that appears to be spread out over various halls/rooms. Their site says for larger shows they have a 250,000 SF continuous exhibit hall/space, which I'm assuming is the same room/hall they use to host the National. If that is the case, then the IX Center's main exhibit floor/room is once again, multiple times bigger.

Just saying........