View Single Post
Old 08-24-2022, 10:57 AM
Hank Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1954 topps View Post
It doesn’t matter where the show is. People with money will travel anywhere. As the popularity of the hobby has exploded, the scale of the national should as well. And the IX Center is the best location on the current schedule to continue expanding the number of tables. How sweet would a 2,000-3,000 table show be?! Cleveland could easily support expansion and in a decent location to travel into for the majority of attendees. They could add corporate and dealer tables simultaneously. The hobby is strong, now is the time to test the limits of possibilities. I’d also suggest an early admission daily ticket option for more than a 1/2 hour early admission as is the current norm. Charge $50 per day.
Nothing against Cleveland, I did several Nationals there and except for the union rules (nothing against unions, either, but those were ridiculous), I liked it as a venue. Didn't realize it was so big and suitable for expansion of the show, but I agree that would be a good reason to go for that and maybe just stick there, including the revival of the Ferris Wheel! I don't quite agree about location not being important, some parts of the country are better than others for our purposes, IMO.