View Single Post
Old 08-27-2022, 08:27 PM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty77 View Post
My experience as a buyer says that a certain company's exposure is reduced since moving from ebay to independent. The reason is lack of automatic search reminders by email (that ebay provided), and their own bizarre lack of simple email reminders about the start of each auction. I know they run on a set schedule and I could set my own reminder on my phone to check for new items, but the fact is that I miss them every other week (at least) from forgetting they are going on.

If there is a setting on their site for this I haven't found it. And maybe I'm the only one too dumb to figure it out, but even if so, their bidder list is whatever it used to be minus one. If there are others like me, then it is minus more.

They also now have a fast/complex extended bidding process which seems almost impossible to figure out or memorize unless using it often (an option ruled out for me by the aforementioned issue). So for those two problems combined I have decided not to consign there because it seems to me like their system hinders item exposure.

But like others said, this card in particular you're moving is the big one, and so those in the market for it are likely to be motivated to find it anywhere. For more modest items maybe not so much.
Agree with your observations. In general, a bidder at that auction site has to be a lot more proactive, and in general I suspect that will lead to fewer bidders and lower prices. Naturally, for premier items, bidders will be happy to invest the time, but for the lower end, I would guess not.