View Single Post
Old 09-05-2022, 07:10 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by hharm3 View Post
Thanks. Although those look more like uncut cards? than what I have. All the others I have found online have been 3 cards and have the same backs as mine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
Those look more like cut from a High series sheet, to me. Why would Topps print up salesman samples for the High Series? If you notice the other samples, they're all from the first series (1-90), right?
#12 Basgall
#13 Wyrostek
#14 B Elliott

#18 Combs
#19 Bucha
#20 Loes

#45 Joost
#46 Goldsberry
#47 W Jones

#10 Rosen
#9 Hogue
#8 Marsh

Each panel seems to be three consecutively numbered cards; is that how they were arranged on an uncut 1st series sheet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Bowman View Post
Not to derail this thread but there is something very peculiar about those two 1952 Topps High Number two card panels. Every sheet or partial sheet that I have seen of 1952 Topps has the cards in sequential order but those two 52 Topps High Number panels have the cards way out of order, #406 Nuxhall next to #372 McDougald and #400 Dickey next to #321 Black. Here is a 1952 Topps partial sheet with #371 Hofman to the left of #372 McDougald, and a partial sheet with #401 Schultz to the right of #400 Dickey.
Because they have been for sale for a while now, I forget exactly what I asked the seller, but I do recall questioning how he came to that conclusion and questioned him if he could possibly be wrong or mistaken?

Your questions, like mine, and possibly other interested buyers also not receiving replies are likely a big reason why they are still for sale after all this time?