View Single Post
Old 09-16-2022, 11:34 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Why are you so certain it's not true? Because criminal charges were dropped? It is very very difficult to bring charges in any kind of domestic situation involving 2 people. This is why 1000s of spouses are killed every year despite going to the police. (And, yes, it can happen to men or woman, but obviously women far more frequently.) When you have two people in a room with the door shut, it's very hard to substantiate "beyond a reasonable doubt" in a criminal case which one is telling the truth. The fact that criminal charges are not being pushed doesn't mean that he didn't do it, or that he did it. It means someone somewhere doesn't think they have enough admissible evidence to establish the charges beyond a reasonable doubt.

"Guilty" people walk free in the US all the time. If the prosecutor doesn't have the goods, they aren't charged. That's actually exactly how the system is supposed to work. I could walk into a police station tonight with 50 pounds of cocaine in my briefcase. If the police improperly searched me and seized the evidence I should walk free.

If Bauer is innocent and simply a kinky guy into consensual rough play, he should bring on his defamation case. I won't hold my breath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
My recollection is that he allegedly beat and raped her, later admitted to hitting her during sex consensually, which she has texts requesting, and then her videos and texts completely contradicted her claims to victimhood and rape and the case fell apart, so it was dropped.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I don't give a hoot what weird kinks (this one is not particularly rare, though I don't understand it) people are into. It's none of my business how rough people may or may not enjoy their sex. One's business is their own sex life and nobody else's besides a partner or spouse.

My personal opinion is that what two people consent to do is between them; and that false rape claims are wrong and repugnant. His career and reputation are being ruined by a claim that does not appear to be true. This is wrong.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 09-16-2022 at 11:40 AM.