View Single Post
Old 09-16-2022, 11:46 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Why are you so certain it's not true? Because criminal charges were dropped? It is very very difficult to bring charges in any kind of domestic situation involving 2 people. This is why 1000s of spouses are killed every year despite going to the police. (And, yes, it can happen to men or woman, but obviously women far more frequently.) When you have two people in a room with the door shut, it's very hard to substantiate "beyond a reasonable doubt" in a criminal case which one is telling the truth. The fact that criminal charges are not being pushed doesn't mean that he didn't do it, or that he did it. It means someone somewhere doesn't think they have enough admissible evidence to establish the charges beyond a reasonable doubt.

Guilty people walk free in the US all the time. If the prosecutor doesn't have the good, they aren't charged. That's actually exactly how the system is supposed to work. I could walk into a police station tonight with 50 pounds of cocaine in my briefcase. If the police improperly searched me and seized the evidence I should walk free.

If Bauer is innocent and simply a kinky guy into consensual rough play, he should bring on his defamation case. I won't hold my breath.
It’s a lot harder, often impossible, to prove a negative, that something did not happen or does not exist. That is why the west, and Aristotelian logic, base it on having to prove the claim to accept it as true. I have seen no evidence it is true. The people who have appear to find her claims to be contradictory to the evidence. I think an assumption of guilt is irrational and not in accord with the western tradition. That the case was dropped, apparently due to her own phone records contradicting her narrative, not a lack of evidence at all, would seem to necessitate the conclusion. Bauer did not get off after being caught guilty but in a way inadmissible in court, charges weren’t even filed because her story didn’t add up to the evidence. The cocaine analogy is irrelevant to this case.

Do you think that he should be punished for partaking in rough sex, or that he is guilty of rape? The first post sounded like the former, this one the later.

Do you think a person who is simply accused of rape should be suspended for two years and have their career ruined?